Automobile Accident Statistics for United States and South Carolina
- In 2010, 32,885 people were killed and 2,243,000 people were injured in traffic accidents.
- In 2010, 3,675 people were killed in large-truck crashes, a 8.7% increase from 2009.
- In 2010, there were 5,419,000 motor vehicle crashes in the United States.
- In 2010, there were 3,092 fatalities in distraction-affected (handheld phones, texting) motor vehicle crashes.
- In 2010, there were 810 fatalities in South Carolina, a fatality rate of 17.47 per 100,000.
- In 2010, 52% and 46% of fatalities in South Carolina the blood alcohol concentration BAC was at least .01 and .08 respectively, 15% above the national average.
- In 2010, 4,280 pedestrians died from traffic-related injuries and another 70,000 sustained non-fatal injuries, an increase of 19% from 2009.
- In 2010, 10,228 or 31% of traffic fatalities were alcohol-related. Either the driver or an affected person (e.g., a pedestrian or bicyclist) had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of at least 0.08 grams per deciliter (g/dl).
(Source: US Department of Transportation, National Highway Safety Administration, 2010 Traffic Safety Facts, December 2011)
Auto accident personal injuries are often serious and have long-term effects. Injuries include whiplash, bone, joint and muscle injuries, head and brain injuries, and paralysis. Insurance companies will try to settle personal injury claims and accidents quickly and often fail to cover the long-term injuries, damages and provide adequate compensation. Don’t settle, don’t wait. Contact a Spartanburg automobile accident personal injury attorney today.
South Carolina Automobile Accident Attorney & Personal Injury Lawyer Spartanburg, Greenville
Located in the Upstate of South Carolina in Spartanburg, we serve Spartanburg, Greenville and surrounding counties. If you or someone you know has been involved in an automobile accident or motor vehicle accident, we encourage you to contact a auto accident personal injury lawyer at the Smith & Haskell Law Firm, LLP today at 864.582.6727 to schedule an appointment today to discuss the legal options. We are ready to put our experienced automobile accident lawyers & personal injury attorneys to work for you.
The Total Advocacy Firm” Since 1926 | Serving the State of South Carolina | Spartanburg County | Greenville County | Anderson County | Chester County | Laurens County | Pickens County | Richland County | York County | Cherokee County | Union County | Oconee County