Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
South Carolina Spartanburg, Greenville, Upstate
In South Carolina, workers’ compensation provides compensation and benefits, temporary disability and permanent disability payments to a worker or employee injured on the job. Workers’ compensation does not allow compensation for pain and suffering or punitive damages to punish an employer for poor safety controls or dangerous conditions. A worker or employee injured on the job may be entitled to medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation expenses.
Additionally, a worker or employee injured in the workplace, in some cases may be able to sue third-parties for damages caused or contributed to by the third party. For example:
- A worker injured by a defective product, may be able to bring a products liability action against the manufacturer of the product.
- A worker injured by a toxic substance, may be able to bring a toxic tort lawsuit against the manufacturer of that substance.
- If the employer does not carry workers’ compensation insurance, a worker may be able to sue the employer in civil court or collect money damages.
- If a third party caused a worker’s injury, the worker may be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit against that person.
The types of issues and injuries covered by South Carolina’s Workers’ Compensation law includes:
- Asbestos Exposure
- Back Injury
- Brain Injury
- Burns From Explosions
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chemical Burns
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Construction Site Injuries
- Emotional problems
- Eye Injuries
- Industrial Hearing Loss
- Knee Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Psychiatric Problems
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Repetitive Trauma Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Social Security disability benefits
- Toxic mold
- Workers’ comp for temps, hourly workers, and salaried employees
- Workers’ compensation benefits labor union workers
- Work-Induced Heart Attacks
- Work-Induced Strokes
Follow this link for answers to frequently asked questions regarding South Carolina workers’ compensation.
The Total Advocacy Firm” Since 1926 | Serving the UpState of South Carolina | Spartanburg County | Greenville County | Anderson County | Chester County | Laurens County | Pickens County | Richland County | York County | Cherokee County | Union County | Oconee County