Rated Highest Level of Professional Excellence
Edwin C. Haskell, III, Attorney at Law
Edwin C. Haskell is a highly experienced trial lawyer, litigating cases throughout South Carolina in state and federal courts since 1983. Mr. Haskell has received the AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubble Peer Review Rating organization which signifies that his peers in the legal profession rank him at the “highest level of professional excellence.”
Edwin C. Haskell III
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Wills, Powers of Attorney, Probate Court agreements and Special Needs Trusts.
- Cases in Probate Court to contest wills, to assert claims against the estate and to assert claims on behalf of estates against those liable to deceased individuals. Mr. Haskell’s practice in probate court also includes the probate of estates, family and estate disputes and the appointment of legal guardians and conservators for incapacitated persons.
- A rapidly developing area of Mr. Haskell’s practice is in elder law, which includes Medicaid planning, Medicaid eligibility, Alzheimer’s disease issues, nursing home issues, dementia and mental incapacity issues and various other issues related to advising the elderly client.
Mr. Haskell graduated from The Citadel with honors in 1975 and from the University of South Carolina where he received his J.D. in 1983. He was admitted to practice in 1983 by the South Carolina Supreme Court, the United States District Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
Mr. Haskell is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association, the Spartanburg County Bar Association, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Haskell’s civic involvement includes being a member and former President of the Spartanburg Kiwanis Club, former President of the Advent Foundation, a member of the Spartanburg Regional Health Services District Ethics Committee, a former member of the Spartanburg Regional Health Services District Institutional Review Board (15 years), a former founding Board Member of the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Spartanburg and a board member of Senior Centers of Spartanburg, Inc.
SPECIAL WORK HISTORY
- Smith & Haskell Law Firm (1983 – Present)
- County Attorney for Spartanburg County (2005 – 2011)
- Assistant County Attorney for Spartanburg County (1983 – 2005)
The Total Advocacy Firm” Since 1926 | Serving the UpState of South Carolina | Spartanburg County | Greenville County | Anderson County | Chester County | Laurens County | Pickens County | Richland County | York County | Cherokee County | Union County | Oconee County