Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
Civil Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney
Probate Mediation & Certified Civil Court Mediator Lawyer
The Smith & Haskell Law Firm provides Civil Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Legal services for people located in Spartanburg, Greenville, Laurens, Cherokee, Union, the Upstate surrounding areas and throughout South Carolina. Our Civil Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Legal services focuses upon disputes involving Probate Court including, but not limited to, Will Contests and Disputes Mediation, Trust Disputes Mediation, Probate Litigation Mediation, Estate Disputes Mediation, Claims Against Estates Mediation.
Our Civil Mediation attorney brings 40+ years of Civil Litigation experience and results and is a Certified Civil Court Mediator and serves as a Mediator in Probate Court.
Mediation and Dispute Resolution Involving Will Contests, Will Disputes and Trust Disputes
We provide Probate Mediation and Dispute Resolution for the Mediation of disputes and contested matters of Will Contests, Will Disputes and Trust Disputes in such situations as the following:
- Fraud and undue influence: if your loved one was coerced or pressured to leave assets to an acquaintance or caretaker, for example, instead of family members, the will may be contested.
- Elder abuse
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Mental capacity: To make a valid will, a person must be able to meet certain legal requirements concerning his or her mental state and clarity of thought.
- Forceful changes to the will under duress
- Forged documents or signatures
- Fraud and undue influence: If your loved one was coerced or pressured to leave assets to an acquaintance or caretaker, for example, instead of family members, the will may be contested.
- Actions of trustee during distribution of trust funds
Probate Mediation and Dispute Resolution Involving Probate Litigation, Probate disputes and Trust Litigation Matters
Our Civil Mediation attorney brings 40+ years of Civil Litigation experience and is well qualified to interpret, mediate and resolve a broad range of complex probate matters in the state of South Carolina as a Certified Civil Civil Court Mediator. As a Probate Litigator, Mr. Haskell worked with fiduciaries and beneficiaries of estates and trusts, excluded heirs or fiduciaries in probate disputes and pursued and defended probate and trust litigation on behalf of clients. :
We provide Probate Mediation and Dispute Resolution for the Mediation of Probate Disputes, Probate Litigation and Probate Matters in such situations as the following:
- Will contests and disputes
- Trust disputes and trust litigation
- Executor, administrator, or trustee malfeasance
- Valuation and disposition of assets
- Breach of fiduciary duty (self-serving, conflict of interest)
- Evaluation of trustee impartiality
- Conservatorship contests
- Actions of trustee during distribution of trust funds
- Tax issues involving estates, trusts, and guardianships
Probate Estate Mediation and Dispute Resolution Involving Estate Disputes
Our experienced Probate estate dispute attorney provides Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution services on a broad range of conflicts that arise when people disagree about their rights in a decedent’s property or the estates.
We provide Estate Mediation and Dispute Resolution for the Mediation of Estate disputes involving estates, on behalf of estates in such situations as the following:
- Estate disputes as to the validity of a will.
- Estate disputes about the terms of a will.
- Estate disputes concerning the competence of the creator of the will.
- Intestate succession estate disputes when there is no will.
- Estate disputes concerning the status of a person as an heir or beneficiary.
- Estate disputes of claims of a surviving spouse who is not provided for in a will.
- Estate disputes regarding questions as to the asset ownership that was transferred prior to death.
- Estate disputes involving breach of fiduciary claims against an executor or administrator.
- Estate disputes involving surcharge actions or fiduciary misconduct.
Probate Mediation and Dispute Resolution Involving Claims Against Estates
We provide Estate Mediation and Dispute Resolution for the Mediation Claims Against Estates in such situations as the following:
- Tort claims either on behalf of or against the decedent.
- Third-party claims against estates, such as claims by creditors.
- Breach of contract claims involving agreements to which the decedent was a party.
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims against an executor or administrator of the estate.
- Claims of a surviving spouse or child who is not provided for in a will.
- Claims involving partnership or business disputes where decedent had a position of management or ownership interest in a company.
- Claims either on behalf or against the decedent relating to the conduct before death, for which the estate remains liable.
- Claims involving the recovery of money owed to the decedent, or his or her trust, after his or her death.
Choose a Probate Court Civil Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in Spartanburg, Greenville, South Carolina
If you or your family is currently or will be potentially involved in Probate litigation, mediation is often the best and most cost-effective way to resolve probate estate disputes, claims and contested matters. Our Civil Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution attorney is a Certified Civil Court Mediator and can potentially resolve through mediation versus the cost and time of probate litigation. We encourage you to contact the Smith & Haskell Law Firm today at 864.582.6727 to schedule an initial consultation
We are committed to helping people and families, while focusing on providing attentive and compassionate legal counsel, navigating you through every step in the legal process while protecting your interests and advocating for your rights.
We are the Total Advocacy Firm!
to.tal ad.vo.ca.cy v. applying all legal expertise, resources and discipline to secure and protect the interest of the client under the law
“Our mission is straight forward: to totally protect the interests of our clients under the law in an efficient and cost-effective manner.”~Edwin C. Haskell, III
Attorney Edwin C. Haskell III is a recipient of the distinguished AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubble Peer Review Rating, which signifies that the Mr. Haskell has been ranked by his peers and clients at the “highest level of professional excellence.”* Smith & Haskell are the recipients of the Spartanburg Community Choice Awards for the 2018 Best of the Best Law Firm Award in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Smith & Haskell Law Firm provides Probate Mediation, Probate Dispute Resolution for Trust Disputes, Will Disputes, Will Contests, Probate Litigation Mediation, Estate Mediation, Probate Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution by Certified Probate Court Mediator legal services to clients in Upstate of South Carolina, Spartanburg, Greenville, Anderson, Chester, Laurens, Pickens, Richland, York, Cherokee, Union County, Oconee & throughout South Carolina.