ABOUT SMITH & HASKELL, LLP
Since 1926, the Smith & Haskell Law Firm, located in Spartanburg, South Carolina is a full-service general civil litigation and business law firm handling business and commercial law, education law, elder law, worker’s compensation, and probate and estate litigation and serious personal injury.
With over 50 years of combined litigation experience, the attorneys at Smith & Haskell Law Firm represent a broad range of clients from individuals to Fortune 500 companies in Spartanburg, Greenville and throughout the Upstate of South Carolina in state as well as federal court.
Our mission: “To totally protect the interests of our clients under the law in an efficient and cost-effective manner”
Attorney’s William McBee Smith and Edwin C. Haskell III are recipients of the distinguished AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubble Peer Review Rating which signifies that the firm’s attorneys have been ranked by their peers and clients at the “highest level of professional excellence.”* Smith & Haskell, LLP are the recipients of the Spartanburg Community Choice Awards for the 2018 Best of the Best Law Firm Award in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Smith & Haskell, LLP is seeking a legal secretary to join our firm. You will provide overall support to one attorney in the area of Probate and Elder law.
Experience as a legal secretary is helpful but not required.
- Communicating with prospective and existing clients on the telephone to schedule appointments and to assist attorney in responding to client questions, needs and concerns.
- Under attorney supervision, assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents.
- Investigate facts to assist attorney in estate and other probate court matters
- Record and store client information
- Manage attorney calendar and scheduling
SKILLS REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience as a legal secretary is not required.
- Ability to communicate with prospective and existing clients. Must have a good phone presence and enjoy talking to people.
- Deadline and detail-oriented ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a good typist.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to handle discreet and confidential information.
- Familiarity with Word, Word Perfect, Excel and Office software.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation dependent of experience. Probationary period will be required to assess ability.
Benefits, following a probationary period, include retirement plan and paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location in Spartanburg, S.C.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Reference “Legal Secretary” in the Subject. We are committed to finding the right candidate who will have a long-term commitment to our firm and the clients we serve.
Please no phone calls.